24 October 2019 at 22:53 #1544Daniela SaittaParticipant
Society for Adolescent Health and Medicine
International Adolescent Health Professional Travel Scholarship
Now accepting applications
The Society for Adolescent Health and Medicine (SAHM) encourages adolescent health professionals from low and middle income countries (LMIC) to apply for an International Adolescent Health Professional Travel Scholarship to attend the SAHM 2020 Annual Meeting held March 11-14, 2020 in San Diego, CA, USA. The SAHM annual meeting is the premier, multidisciplinary, educational event in adolescent and young adult medicine and health. The meeting offers innovative research, clinical workshops and discussion forums for attendees from around the world.
We now invite health professionals from all disciplines (including medicine, nursing, public health, health services research and others) who are based in LMIC to apply. The scholarship award is intended to cover all related travel and registration costs. The application deadline is Wednesday, December 4, 2019.
For full details, including instructions on how to apply, please visit the SAHM award website.
The applicant must…
· Be a resident of a low or middle income country categorized by the World Bank as either Zone #3 or Zone #4 – (view chart)
· Have an established interest in adolescent health as evidenced by employment, training, research or teaching
· Have demonstrated leadership/strong potential for leadership in adolescent and young adult health
· Be 5+ years post qualification (this scholarship is not intended for those in training)
· Be committed to sharing insights from the SAHM meeting with other providers in their country upon their return
· Be proficient in written and spoken English
· Be eligible to apply for a visa for travel to the US if their application is successful
Membership in SAHM is not required to apply for this award.
For questions, please contact SAHM Executive Director, Ryan Norton.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.